Revolution 250 is a coalition of organizations that share an interest in understanding the causes and legacies of the American Revolution. We want to share the story of our country’s birth in original and creative ways that will allow all people to become engaged.
The core idea of Revolution 250 is that, as a coalition, we will raise funds from non-traditional sources and then grant these funds to our signature tier supporters to help them:
- Create events with a national profile
- Fund important preservation initiatives
- Expand education about the Revolution
- Use technology and art to engage new audiences
We also want to support smaller organizations and groups who are interested in the Revolution, but do not see it as a core part of their mission. To that end, we have created multiple levels for organizations to participate.
- The Signature tier will be open to 501.C.3 and governmental organizations willing to make a minimum annual contribution of $1,500 and hosting and/or sponsoring a Signature Project. Signature projects are defined as an event, exhibition preservation project, or comparable program that will be consistent with the purpose of Revolution 250, national in appeal, and hosted in collaboration with other participants in Revolution 250.
- The Patriot tier will make a minimum annual contribution of $100 for nonprofit and for profit organizations. They will be encouraged to collaborate with organizations participating at the Signature tier on signature projects.
- The Friends tier is open to individuals who are willing to make a minimum contribution of $50 or more each year.
Our current supporters are:
Adams National Historical Park – National Park Service
American Antiquarian Society
The American Independence Museum
Beverly Historical Society
Boston by Foot
Boston Duck Tours
Boston National Parks – National Park Service
Boston Preservation Alliance
Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
Bostonian Society / Old State House Museum
Captain Henry Dearborn’s Co.
Col. Bailey’s 2nd Mass. Regiment Continental Line
Colonial Society of Massachusetts
Dartmouth Heritage Preservation Trust
Downtown Boston Business Improvement District
Freedom Trail® Foundation
Freedom’s Way National Heritage Area
Friends of Longfellow House / Washington Headquarters
Friends of Minute Man National Park
Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau
His Majesty’s First Foot Guards
His Majesty’s Tenth Regiment of Foot
Historic Boston, Inc.
History at Play
Lexington Historical Society
Marblehead Museum & Historical Society
Massachusetts Center for Civic Education
Massachusetts Council for the Social Studies
Massachusetts Historical Society
Massachusetts Society of the Cincinnati
Massachusetts State Archives
Medicine Wheel Productions
Minute Man National Historical Park – National Park Service
New England Historic and Genealogical Society
Northeastern University Public History Program
Old Manse | The Trustees
Old North Church
Old South Meeting House
Paul Revere House
Shirley Eustis House
Springfield Armory National Historic Site
Suffolk University, History Department
The History List
USS Constitution Museum
Ye Olde Tavern Tours